Kannur University is the largest universities in Kerala established on 1996. The University by the name "Malabar University" had come into existence earlier by the promulgation of an Ordinance by the Governor of Kerala, on 9th November 1995. Kannur University was inaugurated on 2nd March 1996 by the former Hon. Chief Minister of Kerala, Dr.P.K.Rajan. Kannur University has five campuses located at Kannur, Kasargod, Mananthavady, Payyannur, Thalassery, and Kanhangad. The University is recognized by UGC and AIU. Kannur University offers numerous courses in different departments such as Applied Science, Commerce, Technology, Management, Fine Arts, Languages etc.
Kannur University Contact Details
- Address: Civil Station P.O.(670 002) Kannur District, Kerala, India
- Phone Number: 0497 2715335
- Fax Number: 0497 2711460
- Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.kannuruniversity.ac.in
Kannur University Subjects offered in M.Phil and Ph.D
English & Foreign Language, Social Sciences, Anthropology (1986), Life Sciences, Biotechnology & Microbiology, (2000), Development Studies, Economics (2001), Legal Studies, Law, Health Sciences, Commerce and Management Studies (2000), Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Physical Education (2001), Information Science & Technology, Information Technology (2000), Mathematical Sciences (2008), Statistical Sciences (2008), Teacher Education, Historical & Cultural Studies, Dharmasala (2007), History & Heritage Studies, Mass Communication & Journalism (2010), Behavioral Sciences (2006), Wood Technology (2007), Pedagogical Sciences, Library and Information Science, Distance Education ( 2002), Pure and Applied Physics, Physics, (2003), Chemical Sciences, Chemistry, Geography ( 2003), Environmental Sceince (2008), Visual and Fine Arts, Music ( 2002), Teacher Education, Indian Languages, Kannada, Teacher Education, (1996), Zoology (2008), Rural & Tribal Sociology (2008), Malayalam (2002), Nileswaram (2008), Molecular Biology (2008), Hindi (2008)
Kannur University M.Phil Duration and Eligibility
- Duration for M.Phil : 1 year
- Eligibility: Candidate should have Master's Degree in related faculty with 50% minimum from a recognized university. Candidate will be selected on the base of merit list and interview. Candidate will be asked about his research purpose.
Kannur University PhD Duration and Eligibility
Candidate will be selected on the base of merit obtained in Entrance Test organised by the University. Candidate must be asked for their research proposal before the admission. Duration for the PhD is minimum 3 years. Candidate must have Master's Degree from a recognized university in related faculty with 50% minimum and he should also possess a M.Phil degree from a recognized university. / Merit List / Interview / Group Discussion.
Kannur University Application Process
The registration process for course will be carried out through an online portal. Candidates will have to visit the official website of the university and follow the steps given below. Admission will be given after candidate clear his entrance test. Admission procedure is online. Candidate who are seeking for admission can go through the website and apply for admission by clicking on the admission apply. Admission form is available on the official website of the university
- Visit the official website of Kashmir University and look for ‘Admission’ link.
- Download the Application form by click on the link provided.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 500
Kannur University University Reservations Guideline
- 22.5% are reserved for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- 27% seats are reserved for OBC students.
- 3% seats are reserved for Handicapped Students