Jananayak Chandrashekhar University, is a state university established in 2016 by Government of Uttar Pradesh in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh with 122 affiliated colleges. These 122 colleges of Ballia district were formerly affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith, Varanasi. Jananayak Chandrashekhar University (JNCU) Baliya offers UG, PG, Diploma and Ph.D. courses. It runs BSc, BA, and B.Com, B.Ed., LLB courses of 11, 17, 6, and 1 discipline. The PG level programs offered are M.Sc. in 15 specializations, MA with 14 disciplines, and M.Ed. with 4 disciplines courses. Ph.D. level program has 20 disciplines which are of 2 years duration.
- Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science, Agricultural Economics and Statistics, Ancient History, Mathematics, Botany, Chemistry, Defence Study, Psychology, Economics, Education, English, Sociology, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Geography, Hindi, Zoology
- Master’s Degree with 55% marks in the main subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto)/allied subject (or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto) OR its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed, calculations of marks as per CBCS pattern).
- In case of candidate possessing Degree equivalent to Master’s Degree from a Foreign University, degree equivalence certificated issued by AIU is mandatory.
- A relaxation of 5% marks i.e. from 55% to 50% marks in the aforesaid Degrees is allowed for those candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC (Block A & B) non-creamy layer)/ Differently Abled.
How to Apply
Jananayak Chandrashekhar University accepts both online and offline Application forms for all the courses and Ph.D. courses.
- The admission shall be made through written test or on Merit basis as decided by the University.
- The schedule of fees to be paid each year by the students shall be as per University rules.
- The candidates can visit the official website of the university and fill the application form by paying the application fee of the course by Credit/ Debit Card or through Net-Banking.
- Candidates can apply for the same by online application available. You can get the application online here.
- Candidates are required to remember their assigned User ID and Password at the time of online exam.
- Then the candidates will be able to generate their admit card containing the relevant data for Examination after booking the exam schedule successfully.
- Candidates must carry two copies of the hall ticket to the examination centre with the recent passport size photograph pasted on it.
- Download the application form from the official website of the university by paying the application fee given in the form of DD drawn in favour of “JANANAYAK University” payable at Uttar Pradesh.
- All fields marked with * need to be compulsory filled.
- A verification link will be sent to your registered email id, kindly click on the link, fill application form and complete it by paying the prescribed application form fee.
- Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature of max size of 1 MB.
- An Online Application Number will be displayed, once you successfully submit the online form by making an online payment.
- With that application number, the candidate can login to the portal for further process of downloading admit cards.
- Computer generated application form duly signed by the applicant.
- 10th & 12th Certificate
- Degree and Marksheets of Graduation
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination (M.A./M.Com/M.Sc./M.Pharmacy etc)
- Certificate of NET/JRF/SLET, if any
- Latest Character Certificate
- Certificate of Reserved Category
- Income certificate, if required
- Residence Certificate, if applicable
- Certificate of gap year, if any
- Migration Certificate (within 15 days of admission)
- Address Proof (Aadhar Card)
- Admissions to the Ph.D. Programme shall be made through an Entrance Test conducted by Controller of Examination of the University for each Discipline. The syllabus for the Entrance Test shall be as laid down by the concerned Teaching Departments. Candidates who obtain satisfactory marks in this entrance test may also have to participate in a personal interview. The final merit list is based on a cumulative grading of performance in the entrance examination, personal interview, and the qualifying degree scores (Master’s level).
Exemption from the written Test
The following categories of candidates are exempted from Ph.D. entrance test:
- UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET (with validity period)/Teacher Fellowship holder/Inspire fellow (with validity period)/GATE (with validity period)/GPAT (with validity period) is eligible.