Goa University is the only State University in Goa. It was was established under the Goa University Act of 1984 Act. The University offers a wide variety of UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, and Research courses in different fields of engineering, commerce, management, science, and arts.
- Marathi, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce, Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Economics, Education, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics, Electronics and Telecom Engineering, English, Geography, Hindi, and History.
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline with 55% marks in aggregate.
- Applicants who have passed the M.Phil. Degree in the relevant subject from this university or any other reputed university are also eligible to apply for phd admission.
- 5% relaxation in marks will be given to reserved category candidates.
Eligible candidates can apply directly through online mode on university official website. Steps to Apply Online-
- Visit official website of the university.
- Click on "Admission" button.
- Register through the email and contact number
- User id and password will be sent via mail
- Log in with the help of user id and password
- Enter personal information
- Type academic details
- Scan and upload photograph and signature
- Upload scanned required documents
- Pay application fee through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card
- Take a print out of submitted application form for future reference.
PhD Fee Structure
- Application Fee- Rs. 600/- (Rs. 350 for reserved category candidates)
- Ph.D. Administrative Fees- Rs. 12,130.00
- Annual Library Fee- Rs. 1,215/-
- Laboratory Fee/Computer Fee- Rs. 1,215/-
- Caution Deposit (Refundable)- Rs. 2,130/-
NOTE- Fees for ICCR sponsored student is double the Tuition fees payable by Indian Students
NOTE- The Application fee for the candidates who are exempted from the entrance examination is Rs 2000/-
Admission to Ph.D program is offered on the basis of Goa University – Ph.D Entrance Test (GU-PET). Candidates will be selected on the merit of entrance exam followed by Personal Interview. Candidates who have qualified in the examinations like CSIR- NET/ UGC-NET/ JRF/lectureship/ SET/SLET/ GATE/ ICAR/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-Inspire are exempted from the university-based entrance test.
Documents required at the time of Admission
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Marks sheets of previous qualifying examination
- Birth Certificate from Competent Authority.
- Caste and Bonafide certificate (if applicable)
- Leaving/Transfer certificate from school or college last attended
- Certificate of Income in original issued by Panchayat.
- Non-Migrant Caste Certificate
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable)
- OCI /PIO Card /document issued by the Competent Authority for NRI candidates.