Gauhati University Department of Environmental Science was established in the year 1978. The Department has been striving for the last 35 years with aims at providing leadership in the area of conservation of environment, rational utilization of natural resources and creation of public awareness in the region. Agencies such as DST (FIST), UGC, ISRO, MoES, Guwahati Refinery, Border Roads Organization, WWF provide external funding to support their research activities.
Gauhati University Approval and Affiliation
- Approved by: AICTE,BCI,NAAC,NCTE,UGC
- Affiliated with: State University
Gauhati University Campus Contact Details
- Address: Gopinath Bordoloi Nagar, Guwahati, Assam 781014, India
- Mobile Number: 0361-2700311
- Fax Number: 0361-2700311
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.gauhati.ac.in
Gauhati University Courses offered by Department of Environmental Science
Gauhati University M.Sc. in Environmental Science
- Duration: 2 years ( 4 semester)
- Eligibility: Candidate should have B.Sc degree with Equivalent subject from a UGC recognized university with 50% in Environmental Science
- Method of Selection: Candidate will be selected on their Merit basis/ Entrance Test/Interview. Entrance Test will have MCQs questions syllabus will be based on the syllabus for the TDC Chemistry.
Gauhati University PhD in Environmental Science
- Duration: 5 years
- No.of Seats: As per vacancy
- Eligibility: As per M Phil/Ph D Regulation 2018 of Gauhati University
- Method of Selection: Candidate will be selected on their Merit basis/ Entrance Test/Interview. Admission will be based on the results of GU-RET (Research Entrance Test)
Gauhati University Registration Process
- The admission process is online and paper-less
- Candidate can register them self on the official website of the university https://www.gauhati.ac.in
- After this they will be given a login ID and password
- Candidate can fill online form but he should have following things with him
- Candidate mobile, candidate Documents, Soft copy of photo and your signature.
- Before filling the application the candidate must read the guidelines.
- Then fill your details in the application
Gauhati University Admission Fee
- Admission fee for M.Sc : Rs. 12,395.00 which is to be paid at the time of admission
- Candidate can pay fee online through debit card/ credit card/ net banking
Gauhati University Documents Required for Admission
- Latest Character certificate
- School leaving Certificate/ College leaving Certificate.
- Mark sheet at the qualifying examination
- Copy of the Birth Certificate.
- Medical Certificate.
- Eight Stamp Sized Photographs of the Candidate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)