About Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science)
Doctor of Environmental Sciences or Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Sciences is a 3-year doctoral program that involves environmental studies in chemical, biological, and physical environments. This is also considered advanced research on energy conservation, pollution, climate change, biodiversity, plastic hazards, and global warming because it is a combination of social science and natural science. The Ph.D. Environmental Science Program is a great research program for those who are prepared to improve their knowledge and experience in areas that will help us fight the factors that cause damage to the earth's environment to have a significant impact. Candidates can make changes in documents, policies, education, or technology to promote the development of environmental science through their research. Environmental science is a huge field, candidates must choose their field of expertise based on their professional knowledge and field of interest. Few people choose fields such as sustainable development, energy conservation, conservation science, forest management, ecosystems, marine biology, remote sensing, and botany. The doctor. The plan is to first submit a research proposal to the corresponding university. Once approved and admitted through the selection process, they will participate in a series of high-level seminars covering topics in their field of study. seminars are combined with courses and some original research by candidates. They must prepare a thesis based on the research and defend it before the thesis committee through viva-voce. The research and courses are based on our current environmental areas, such as air and water pollution, global warming, soil erosion, deforestation, desertification, melting of polar ice caps, and glacial ice cap reduction.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Overview
|Course Level ||Doctorate|
|Course Name ||Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science|
|Duration ||At least 3 years and can be extended to 5 years (depending on the duration of the research)|
|Examination Type||Semester-based or Annual|
|Eligibility||M.Sc. or M.Phil. in Environmental Science or other related fields|
|Admission process||Merit-based / Entrance Examination|
Ecologist, Geographer, Lecturers, Conservation Scientist, Energy Conservationist, Hydrologist, Climate Change Analyst, Botanist, Wildlife Biologist, etc.
|Top Recruiting Companies||Wildlife Institute of India, Godrej, Discovery, etc.|
|Area of Employment||Academic Institutes, Environment Protection Companies, Water Treatment Plants, Agriculture Sector, Weather Departments, Environment Content Writings, National Parks & Wildlife Sanctuaries, Waste Management Plants, etc.|
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Eligibility Criteria
- A master's degree from an accredited university or institution, with a score of at least 55% or equivalent.
- For candidates belonging to other categories such as SC / ST / OBC (non-cream coat) / DifferentlyAbled, according to the decision of UGC and the government, a 5% relaxation will be granted. India will give.
- However, applicants who have passed GATE / CSIRUGC / JRF / NET / SLET in the relevant subjects are exempt from the entrance exam.
- Candidates with a master's degree in Philosophy from a UGC-recognized university are also exempt from the entrance examination.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Admission Process
- Most universities and research institutes offer doctorate degrees. Environmental science admits students based on graduate-level examination results. However, some institutions use entrance exams to judge candidates' skills and skillsets.
The following are the two main ways to obtain a Ph.D. Enrollment in Environmental Science:
- Most private universities offer doctoral degrees. Environmental science courses usually admit students based on master's/postgraduate grades. In addition, these universities may conduct personal interviews or written tests to better understand the candidates' skills.
Based On Entrance Exam:
- Environmental science courses are offered through entrance exams, which generally consist of MCQ-based questions related to environmental topics, to assist the university in selecting qualified candidates for admission.
- After college entrance examination results are released, the college may conduct face-to-face interviews with eligible candidates to understand their interest in courses, skills, and careers.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Top Entrance Exams
- CSIR-UGC NET for JRF
- UGC-NET for JRF
- JNU Entrance Exam
- BHU UET
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Top Colleges/Universities
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Amity University, Noida
- Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Jaipur
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- SRM University, Delhi NCR
- Sharda University, Noida
- Doon University, Dehradun
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Syllabus
- Research Methodology
- Bioremediation & Ecological Agriculture
- Environmental Microbiology
- Microbial Ecology
- Microbial Enzymes and Bioremediation
- Waste Management and Energy Generation Technologies
- Energy Generation from Waste
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Air Pollution
- Water Resources – Management and Modeling Techniques
- Wastewater and Solid Waste Treatment Technologies
- Plant-Microbe Interaction for Sustainable Agriculture
- Presentation and Review of Literature
- Presentation of Synopsis
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Scopes
- It provides a wealth of career opportunities for environmental scientists, environmental biologists, environmental engineers, environmental modelers, and environmental journalists.
- environmental scientists are employed in fertilizer plants, mines, textile and printing and dyeing industries, and food processing units.
- Opportunity for potential environmental scientists to join the research department of a government or non-profit organization. They also have the opportunity to obtain management positions, consulting services, and conduct scientific research.
- After completing a higher degree, such as MSc, M. Technology, and Ph.D. in Environmental Science, you can work as a freelance environmental consultant or work for any consulting firm. For example, green consulting companies like RAMKY and ENZEN.
- Almost all universities and government research institutions have environmental departments. They can start serving as JRFs or project assistants for various projects.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Career Options
- They can be employed by various organizations in the department, such as the Water Authority, the Pollution Control Commission, and Urban Planning.
- There are many private organizations there, such as oil refineries, warehouses, food processing industries, and fertilizer plants, which provide various job opportunities for graduates in this field.
- They can apply for a job in a fertilizer factory or work as a manager in a food processing company. Graduates can also work as environmental reporters for any newspaper, magazine, or television station.
- Candidates can also join the organization according to their choice. Many NGOs are developing environmental problems.
- Provides candidates with many career paths, such as teaching and research work, and takes on the roles of ecologists, scientists, consultants, professors, technicians, research assistants, etc. after completing the courses.
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Top Recruiters Jobs
|Job Positions||Job Descriptions|
|Hydrologists ||These professionals work for government agencies or private organizations that study water and its characteristics, availability, and circulation. Hydrologists help solve water-related problems, such as storm surges, floods, and droughts. |
|Assistant Professor||Specializes in teaching the subject to undergraduate/graduate students and assessing their academic performance.|
An environmental scientist is an expert who studies the physical environment of objects. His work includes studying the interaction between the physical, chemical, and biological components of the environment. Environmental scientists focus on environmental pollution and degradation associated with human activities and their adverse effects on biodiversity and natural sustainability.
|Zoologists||They are graduate objects, especially animal scientists, and often work in outdoor environments. |
|Ecologists||Their responsibilities include generating environmental impact reports, habitat maintenance, school teaching, assisting in legislation, conducting investigations, etc. They are also involved in ecosystem research and assessments related to the diversity, behavior, and populations of different organisms in the ecosystem.|
|Associate Researcher||The main work of the Associate Researcher is to participate in the detailed analysis of the project and its impact on the environment. They also carry out research to develop technologies for protecting the environment. |
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Science (Ph.D. Environmental Science) Placements
- Wildlife Institute of India
- Discovery, etc.