About Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology)
Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology is a three-five-year doctoral course that focuses on the laboratory and on the studies with theoretical and computational skills aimed at tackling problems related to ecology and climate change. This course basically helps to study the interaction between plants, organizations, and the environment, analyzes the problems related to the environment, agriculture, water purification, biodiversity (genetics), etc. Ph.D. Ecology highlights the development of new technologies that would create a long-term solution and would be even open commercial avenues. The themes that students can cover in research are evolutionary biology, phylogenesis and biogeography, biodiversity and community ecology, molecular ecology and molecular evolution, genetics of populations, sensory ecology, ecophysiology, and research of climate change. This program encourages researchers to grow more awareness and increase awareness about ecological aspects, such as biodiversity, climate change, wastewater treatment, soil erosion. The course is designed to cover, learn and investigate each topic that is under the ecology bar and preparing students for practical implications. The form of evaluation in this course is the presentation of the thesis at the end, which will be a revision of the project carried out during the three-year section. An advanced level of study of natural and artificial ecosystems is expected, including flora, fauna, and marine agencies. The goal of this program is to help Junior research comrades develop, articulate, and collect information in an area and spread knowledge to the same border. In the future, these candidates can be great researchers and academics.
Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology) Highlights
|Course Name||Doctorate of Philosophy in Ecology|
|Duration||At least 3 years and can be extended to 5 years (depending on the duration of the research)|
|Examination type||Semester/ Annual|
|Eligibility Criteria ||Master of Science or Master of Philosophy in their respective fields|
|Admission Process||Entrance Test /Research Proposal and Personal Interview|
|Employment Areas||Educational Institutions, Government Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Solar Energy Power Plant, Wildlife, Medicinal, and Rare Valuable Plants Gene Bank, etc. |
|Job Profiles||Assistant Professor, Department In Charge, Project Coordinator, Researcher, Operation Manager, Laboratory Assistant, etc. |
|Recruiting Companies||Red Solar, Department of New & Renewable Energy, Wildlife Institute of India, Forest Institute of India, Climate Change Department, etc. |
Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology) Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have completed at least 60% or more of a Master of Science or Master of Philosophy in their respective fields in a recognized university.
- You should pass the university entrance exam before you can enter NET/GATE courses.
Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology) Admission Procedure
- Apply for admission to the college or university you are interested in.
- Performed well in the undergraduate examinations, as the grades obtained in these examinations form the basis of the entire admission process.
- In due course, the universities will publish their deadlines. Check if you are eligible to take the required course.
- If eligible, please visit the college and submit all required documentation.
Entrance Based Admission
- Students need to register on the official website.
- Fill in the application form with the correct information.
- After the entrance exam, the website will announce the deadline. Then, the quotas are allocated based on the candidates' scores in the entrance examination.
- Some colleges and universities also conducted face-to-face interviews and group discussions to enroll in this course.
- If all admission criteria are met, the student will be admitted to this course.
Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology) Top Entrance Exams
- UGC NET
- CSIR NET
Top Colleges/Universities For Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology)
- University of Rajasthan
- Kr. R.C. Mahila P.G. College
- French Institute of Puducherry
- Bir Tikendrajit University
- Barkatullah University - BU
- Assam University
Syllabus of Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology)
|Research Methodology||Plant and Animal Physiology|
|Genetic Structure||Behavioral Ecology|
|Ecosystem Physiological||Ecology of Plants|
|Population Ecology||Mark Recapture|
|Carbon Storage||Urban Ecology|
|Habitat Data Analysis||Landscape Management|
|Bio Climatography ||Thesis|
Benefits of Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology)
- Open ways to various professions, and more lucrative positions: There are a variety of positions that require a Ph.D. Degree. A Ph.D. can earn you more important compensation, but it's not critical. For example, you can work as a consultant without a doctorate, but it will give you an important and advantageous position.
- Will boost up your confidence: the moment you graduate, you are basically working alone, solving your own decisions, and grappling with the results of your work. Ideally, you will also have a strong mentor and lab partner, but this is not a guarantee.
- You have gained five years of extraordinary research experience: a small group of people can say that they must have worked in a laboratory, and even better have worked alone for 5.5 years in an independent company. This experience will bring you closer to the cycle of science and, if done correctly, will open up important skills for you to explore the seat and the past.
- After completing this course, students will be able to work as natural biologists, conservationists, ecologists, senior research assistants, assistant professors, etc.
Career Options After Doctorate in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology)
- Doctorate in ecology can find a job in numerous companies such as Godrej, Department of Climate Change, India Institute of Wildlife, Schools, etc.
- Ph.D. Holders in ecology seek positions in different sectors such as the main scientist, scientist, biophysics guardian, assistant professor, laboratory assistant/research assistant, biotechnical research and scientific research researchers, etc.
Jobs After Doctorate in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology)
|Job Profile||Job Description|
|Scientists||Scientists are mainly responsible for creating and conducting complex researches on genes, tissues, hormones, food, drugs, etc. |
The energy manager is responsible for managing emerging operations relating to the page, which must be on a similar page with The vision of the company.
Ecologists monitor and analyze the ecosystem and analyze the various problems related to it, such as climate, population, biodiversity, etc.
|Professor||A professor is responsible for teaching, guidance, and guardian of students about the progress in progress in renewable energies. |
Future Scopes After Doctorate in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology)
- Students can go to the teaching of work in college/university after this course and then eliminating the UGCNET exam required to become a permanent teacher.
- They have many jobs in genetic counseling centers, psychology centers, pharmaceutical companies, forensic science laboratories, etc. After completing this program.
- Students can also opt for a DSC (Doctor of Science) title in any related field.
- After obtaining adequate experience in the related field, neurologists can work on the GOVT. And private hospitals.
- Once your doctorate is completed. It can also be qualified for a professional teacher in ecology and also to teach colleges and universities with UGC Scales.
Placements For Doctor of Philosophy in Ecology (Ph.D. Ecology)
- Red Solar
- Department of New & Renewable Energy
- Wildlife Institute of India
- Forest Institute of India
- Climate Change Department