About Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics)
The Ph.D. in Biophysics is a three-year doctorate degree that will provide the theoretical and practical knowledge required to register as a biophysicist or method development assistant. It deals with physical phenomena and physical processes in biology on the scales including molecules, cells, tissues, and organisms. Ph.D. in Biophysics The purpose of the Ph.D. in Biophysics is to provide candidates with detailed knowledge and skills to increase their understanding of all aspects of the discipline. It is the science of developing theories and methods of physics to study biological problems. Students will provide tools in their research work to critically examine the world of medical science and its impact on society and the country as a whole. Ph.D. degree. Biophysics is an advanced scientific field that uses the techniques of physical science to study biological systems. Ph.D. in Biophysics explains biological functions from the perspective of molecular structure and its properties. It is a bridge between biology and physics. During the Ph.D. in biophysics, candidates will be able to examine various types of tools and methods related to the fields of medicine and life sciences. Biophysics doctors can find jobs as researchers or scientists in various academic degree research institutions or government organizations in the field of biophysics to carry out research-oriented courses.
Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics) Overview
|Course Level||Doctorate |
|Course Name ||Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics|
|Duration ||At least 3 years and can be extended to 5 years (depending on the duration of the research)|
|Examination type||Credit system|
|Eligibility||MSc/MTech in Biophysics/Physics/Biochemistry with 60% aggregate minimum|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based Admission through counseling or Entrance examination.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Bristol- Myers Squibb, Pfizer, Baxter, Biocon, Abbott Laboratories, Thermo Fisher, Boston Scientific, Merck, Syngene.|
|Job Positions||Scientist, Researcher, Method Development Associate, Project Associate, Marketing Head, Associate Professor.|
Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics) Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must pass MSc / M.Phil on the first attempt, and have a total score of at least 55%, from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission
- Candidates must also pass relevant entrance exams such as CET and NET.
- If the candidate belongs to the reserved category, the 5% score is relaxed.
- Experience in the biotech/research laboratory industry for more than one year is an optional qualification.
Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics) Admission Procedure
- Few institutions accept direct Ph.D. studies. Obtain a doctorate degree in biophysics based on the scores of the last qualifying examination.
- In the case of entrance exams, that is, a joint entrance exam conducted by several institutions, the following university notifications need to be updated. In biophysics.
- After the application is announced, candidates applying offline can purchase an application form or visit the website to submit an application online.
- The basic documents during registration must be loaded correctly according to the given instructions.
- After the test on the designated date, the results will be announced on the following website.
- Candidates who manage to exceed the demarcation line set by the agency will be required to receive counseling.
- By providing original documents and completing the admission process on the consultation date, the candidate can secure his position in the university of his choice.
Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics) Top Entrance Exams
- IPU CET
- UGC NET
Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics) Top colleges/universities
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Birla Institute Of Technology, Ranchi
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- Manipal University, Jaipur
Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics) Required Skillset
- A flair for high-quality, well-researched writing.
- Solution-oriented thinking and problem solving related to media communication.
- Excellent communication skills, because every job in this field requires precise communication.
- The combination of critical thinking skills and good collaboration skills is the demand of the times.
- Research is mandatory because once it is said or published if it is proven wrong, it will have a great impact on the country.
- The ability to work within strict deadlines is also a very important skill.
- Understand current trends in biophysics, biochemistry, and biomedical engineering.
Syllabus For Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics)
|Multivariable Calculus and Complex Function Theory||Neurobiology of Behaviour|
|Data Structure and Algorithms||Spectrometry|
|Mechanics and Relativity||Chromatography|
|Quantum Mechanics||Radioactive Labelling and Counting|
|Wave Phenomenon||Immunological Methods|
|Electromagnetism ||Optical Rotatory Dispersion and Circular Dichroism|
|Physical Chemistry and Statistical Thermodynamics||Electron Spin Resonance|
|Evolutionary and Cell Biology||Ligand Binding|
Scopes of Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics)
- The Ph.D. predicts that biophysics graduates will increase by 11% from 2018 to 2028, which is higher than the average for other jobs.
- This is a very demanding field involving medicine, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, and immunology. Enthusiasm for updating your knowledge will help you achieve greater success in the future
- Anyone with these four skills Everyone can break operations or director of operations positions, which is, follow-up, correlation, collaboration, and in-depth research.
Career Options After Doctorate in Biophysics
- After completing the Ph.D. In biophysics, candidates have the opportunity to hold higher positions in research and educational institutions, medical research laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, defense services, and environmental protection services because they have better experience and skills than recent graduates and knowledge.
- A Ph.D. in Biophysics can obtain higher executive, operations supervisor, and management positions in research laboratories/biotech companies.
Jobs After Doctorate in Biophysics
|Professor||Professors teach and instruct students in college throughout the course of subject and related topics, evaluate assignments, and take tests in a timely manner.|
|Process Developer||Process Developer Create collaborative work through analysis and research with other scientists, especially drug development and other products from manufacturing companies. |
|Regional Supervisors||Regional Supervisors Formulate marketing strategies and generate income, and carry out promotional activities, seminars, and workshops in various institutions.|
|Head of Quality Control|
They carry out various laboratory tests on a regular basis to produce reliable data with sufficient efficiency.
|Applied Biophysicists||Applied Biophysicists While studying drugs, hormones, and tissue engineering, they primarily design and execute complex projects involving biochemists. |
|Researcher||The researcher mainly studies the genetic composition through the study of DNA and RNA of bacteria and viruses. |
|Medical Biophysicists||They are primarily responsible for the use of CAD and bioengineering techniques (such as radiotherapy, tomography, radiology, MRI) to create medical equipment and treatment methods. |
Biophysicists are primarily involved in department administrative responsibilities and research and development.
Top Recruiting for Doctor of Philosophy in Biophysics (Ph.D. Biophysics)
- Bristol- Myers Squibb
- Abbott Laboratories
- Thermo Fisher
- Boston Scientific