Dibrugarh University Department of History was established in 1967. It provide various courses in history like M.A., M. Phil and Ph. D degrees. The Curriculum is designed by the experts of various Research Institutes as per guidelines of UGC.
Mission: To impart skill based and value oriented education training that foster leadership traits of the learners, thus generating sustainable social harmony, development and peace
Dibrugarh University Approval and Affiliation
- Approved by: AICTE,BCI,NCTE,PCI,UGC
- Affiliated with: State University
Dibrugarh University Campus Contact Details
- Address: National Highway,Dibrugarh, Assam 786004, India
- Mobile Number: 0373-2370231
- Fax Number: 0373-2370768
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.dibru.ac.in
Dibrugarh University Courses offered by Department of History
Dibrugarh University MA in History
- Duration: 4 Semesters, 2 years
- No. of Seats: 60
- Eligibility: Candidate should have B.A. (Major in History) with 45% marks or BA with 60% of marks in other subject
Dibrugarh University M.Phill History
- Duration: 1 year
- No. of Seats: 5
- Eligibility: Candidate should have MA in History Major with 50% marks and qualified in DURAT
Dibrugarh University Ph.D History
- Duration: 6 month Pre-registration course work for Ph.D
- No. of Seats: Depends on a vailability of seats against recognized supervisors
- Eligibility: Candidate should have MA in Historyh Major with 50% marks and DURAT/CSIR-UGC-NET- JRF
- Thrust areas of research: History of Society, Religion and Culture, Ethno-history, History of Ecology and Environment and Women's History
Dibrugarh University Method of Selection
- MA : Candidate will be selected on their Merit basis/ Entrance Test/Interview
- M.Phil : Candidate will be selected on their Interview
- Ph.D : Candidate will be selected on their Pre-registration Course Work/Interview
Dibrugarh University Registration Process
- Candidate can register them self on the official website of the university http://www.dibru.ac.in
- After this they will be given a login ID and password
- Candidate can fill online form but he should have following things with him
- Candidate mobile, candidate Documents, Soft copy of photo and your signature.
- Before filling the application the candidate must read the guidelines.
- Then fill your details in the application
- Candidate can pay the Application Fee of Rs. 400/- only through the online payment gateway by using Debit (ATM) Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking during the submission of form.
Dibrugarh University Documents Required for Admission
- Latest Character certificate
- School leaving Certificate/ College leaving Certificate.
- Mark sheet at the qualifying examination (Intermediate/PUC/HSC/Etc.) and 10th standard.
- Copy of the Birth Certificate.
- Medical Certificate.
- Eight Stamp Sized Photographs of the Candidate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)