Dibrugarh University Department of English was established in 1967. It provide various courses in English literature like M.A., M. Phil and Ph. D degrees. Department has not only British but includes select European, American, African, Indian Writing in English. The Curriculum is designed by the experts of various Research Institutes as per guidelines of UGC.
Vision: To develop human resource by integrating human values, knowledge, skilland compassion for a better world.
Mission: To impart skill based and value oriented education training that foster leadership traits of the learners, thus generating sustainable social harmony, development and peace
Academic Programs: Dibrugarh University has today five Schools of Studies. School of Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Science and Engineering, School of Commerce and Management Science, School of Education, School of Earth, Atmospheric Science, Environment and Energy
Dibrugarh University Approval and Affiliation
- Approved by: AICTE,BCI,NCTE,PCI,UGC
- Affiliated with: State University
Dibrugarh University Campus Contact Details
- Address: National Highway,Dibrugarh, Assam 786004, India
- Mobile Number: 0373-2370231
- Fax Number: 0373-2370768
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.dibru.ac.in
Dibrugarh University Courses offered by Department of English
Dibrugarh University MA in English
- Duration: 4 Semesters, 2 years
- No. of Seats: 44
- Eligibility: Candidate should have B.A. (Major in English) with 45% marks
Dibrugarh University M.Phill English
- Duration: 1 year
- No. of Seats: 12
- Eligibility: Candidate should have MA in English Major with 50% marks and qualified in DURAT
Dibrugarh University Ph.D English
- Duration: 6 month Pre-registration course work for Ph.D
- No. of Seats: Depends on a vailability of seats against recognized supervisors
- Eligibility: Candidate should have MA in English Major with 50% marks and DURAT/CSIR-UGC-NET- JRF
Dibrugarh University Method of Selection
- MA : Candidate will be selected on their Merit basis/ Entrance Test/Interview
- M.Phil : Candidate will be selected on their Interview
- Ph.D : Candidate will be selected on their Pre-registration Course Work/Interview
Dibrugarh University Registration Process
- Candidate can register them self on the official website of the university http://www.dibru.ac.in
- After this they will be given a login ID and password
- Candidate can fill online form but he should have following things with him
- Candidate mobile, candidate Documents, Soft copy of photo and your signature.
- Before filling the application the candidate must read the guidelines.
- Then fill your details in the application
- Candidate can pay the Application Fee of Rs. 400/- only through the online payment gateway by using Debit (ATM) Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking during the submission of form.
Dibrugarh University Documents Required for Admission
- Latest Character certificate
- School leaving Certificate/ College leaving Certificate.
- Mark sheet at the qualifying examination (Intermediate/PUC/HSC/Etc.) and 10th standard.
- Copy of the Birth Certificate.
- Medical Certificate.
- Eight Stamp Sized Photographs of the Candidate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Gap Certificate (if applicable)