Cotton University is a newly established state university located in Guwahati, Assam. It was established in 2017 under state Government Act 2017. The university offers a wide range of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctorate level courses in different fields of Science, Life Science, Humanities, Computer Application, and several others.
- Anthropology, Arabic, Assamese, Bengali, Botany, Chemistry, Education, English, Environmental Biology & Wild life Science, Geography, Geology, Hindi, History, Mathematics, Computer Applications, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, and Statistics.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent from a UGC recognized University with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade, in a subject related to PhD discipline where applying.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade, from the requirement of above, shall be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Differently-Abled and such other categories as specified in case of admission in an institution under Government of Assam.
Number of Seats
- The number of seats available for each Department/discipline will depend on permissible limits of the research scholars that can be assigned to a Guide and other relevant parameters on the date of viva -voce. The University reserves the right not to fill up any vacant seat if suitable candidates are not found.
The application process is conducted online via the official website of the university.
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Register and create the credentials.
- Fill in the application form.
- Pay the requisite fee.
- Submit the form.
Application Fee- Rs 1,200/- (Rupees One Thousand Two Hundred only) (Non-Refundable)
- Payment of application fee is to be made online through Debit/ Credit Card or Net Banking only at the time of filling up the online application form.
- Selections will be via a Written Entrance Test followed by Viva-voce Written Entrance Test followed by Viva-voce separately for each Department/Discipline. The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test is fixed at 50% as per UGC guidelines. The minimum qualifying mark for candidates belonging to categories (SC/ST/OBC) will be 45%. candidates a weightage of 70% to the entrance test and 30% to the performance in the interview/ viva-voce shall be given.
- Applicants having qualified for national-level scholarships such as UGC/CSIR Junior Research Fellowships may be called to attend the interview/viva-voce of the admissible discipline of the scholarship without having appeared in the written test if the number of such applicants is small. They are however advised to appear in the written test. Candidates who had cleared NET or SLET in the related discipline within a period of two years preceding the date of this notification may be eligible for a relaxation of minimum qualifying marks in the Written Examination up to a maximum of 5%.
For latest update, eligibility criteria, how to apply and other details, candidates should visit the official website of Cotton University, Guwahati.