Central University of Andhra Pradesh holds a special place in the Indian University System. It was born out of a promise made by Government of India to fulfill the aspirations of people of Andhra Pradesh on the eve of bifurcation of the erstwhile composite state of Andhra Pradesh into Telengana and Andhra Pradesh. The University is established in 2018 in the district head quarter town of Anantapuramu in the Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh. The Region has immense historical significance as it forms the part of the Vijayanagara Empire ruled by majestic king Sri Krishnadevaraya, among others. The folklore of the region is richly filled with the stories of Sri Krishnadevaraya’s people centric rule and several welfare measures. That apart the region is also known for its mineral deposits and salubrious climate of the Deccan Plateau. The region also is known for sericulture and horticulture crops. As a feather in the cap the global auto major KIA started its operations in a green field project, just 60 KMs away from Ananthapuramu city. Further Ananthapuramu is also a prominent educational hub with higher educational institutes such as Sri Krishnadevaraya university, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Government Medical College and a century old Government Arts College, apart from a host of engineering colleges.
- English Language and literature, & Telugu
- A consistently good academic record possessing a Master's Degree in Concerned Subject with minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized University at both undergraduate and postgraduate level; 5% relaxation in minimum requirement of marks is granted to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS candidates.
For applying to any course at Central University of Andhra Pradesh, the candidate may visit the campus to acquire the Application Form. To apply, the candidates must follow the steps mentioned below :
- Visit the campus or the website of the college to find the Application Form
- Fill in the Application Form with all the required academic details and personal information.
- Submit the filled in Application Form along with the required Documents and Certificates to the college. Candidates are also required to pay the stipulated Fee.
- Online applicants can pay the fee online and submit the receipt of the payment at the time of admission.
- Applicants who have passed the CUCET examination will be contacted by the university for counselling.
Admission to PhD courses is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance Test conducted by the university. The following categories of candidates are exempted from the entrance test for registration to Ph.D. Degree:
- Candidates who qualify UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET, GATE and research fellowships of central and state Government departments/ agencies as approved by the University, as the case may be
- Full time regular teachers of the University departments/Govt. or Aided Colleges and teachers with FDP/QIP or similar fellowships
- Foreign nationals who are otherwise eligible for admission.
M.Phil. Degree (successfully completed from any Statutory Recognized University in the relevant subject) holders. It is also advised to produce the following documents at the time admission:
- All original certificates with one set self-attested photo copies from SSLC onwards
- Passport size photos (4 nos.)
- Age proof
- Address proof
- No objection Certificates from the parent institute (applicable for part time Ph.D. candidates)