Capital University, Jharkhand is Established by the Government of Jharkhand as per Section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956 in 2018. The University was established as a philanthropic initiative of its CCSE Society. It offers various UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, and Doctoral courses in various departments such as Agriculture, Engineering & Technology, Arts, Social Studies, Hotel Management, Paramedical, and Science etc.
Capital University, Jharkhand also offers M.Phil. & Ph.D. in below-mentioned specializations:
Engineering, Management, Humanities, Science, Arts, Commerce, Education, and Agriculture.
- The minimum academic qualification for admission to the Ph.D programmes is a Second Class Master’s or equivalent degree in the relevant subject awarded by a recognized university in India or abroad, with at least an average of 55 per cent of aggregate marks.
- In the case of SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates, the minimum eligibility is an average of 50 per cent of aggregate marks.
- Candidates who have an M.Phil or equivalent degree awarded by a recognized university in India or abroad are also eligible to apply for the Ph.D Programme.
The minimum duration of the PhD course is 3 years and the maximum is 6 years.
Ph.D. Application Process
A student seeking admission to Ph.D. course shall apply on a prescribed form. The application form, duly filled in by the student in his own hand and with a passport-size photo affixed on it along with xerox copies of the documents listed below, must be sent to the Academic Section of the Institute.
- Migration Certificate (No objection certificate from the University last attended)
- Passing/Degree certificate of the last qualifying degree examination
- Mark-list of the last qualifying degree examination
- Character certificate (from the head of the Institute from which the student has obtained his qualifying degree.
- Documentary proof for date of birth
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
- No objection certificate from the employer (if employed)
Note: Students are requested to note that their application will not be considered for admission if the above certificates are not enclosed with their application and student must send the dully filled in application form along with all documents and Demand draft of Rs. 1500/- in favour of Capital University, Payable at Koderma, Jharkhand at the following address:
Coordinator, Entrance Test
Capital University, Subhash Chandra Bose Chowk
Chitragupt Nagar, Jhumri Telaiya, Distt. Kodarma
Jharkhand, Pincode - 825409
Contact No. 1800 121 1988
Admission to the Ph.D. degree programme shall be done through an Entrance Test. Students who have passed GATE/NET/SET/ M.Phil/JRF Examination in the relevant subject of the apex bodies as CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ICMR/DBT will be exempted from the Entrance Test. Only those students who have passed entrance test or who are exempted from entrance test shall appear for an interview to be organized by the Department concerned. At the time of interview, doctoral candidates are expected to discuss their research interest/ area.