Calicut University was came into existence in the year 1968 and is the largest University in Kerala. This university lays its emphasis on fostering quality human resource and the second university to be set up in Kerala. The University aims to promoting productive research and nurture excellence in education that benefit both local communities and wider humanity. The university also aims on research in its historically consigned to the periphery of Kerala’s academic map catchment areas of Northern Kerala.
Calicut University Objectives
Continuing legal education and impart comprehensive education. Promote research in all branches of study and advance studies.
Calicut University Campus Contact Details
- Address: Malappuram (673 635), Kerala, India
- Phone Number: 0494 - 2407227
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.universityofcalicut.info
Calicut University Subjects offered in M.Phil and Ph.D Program
Hindi, History, Mathematics, Arabic, Botany, Chemistry, Economics, Education, English, Philosophy, Physics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Zoology
Calicut University Details regarding Admission in PhD/M.Phil
- Candidate should have Master Degree in relevant subject with minimum 55% aggregate marks and 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC/ Differently abled or its equivalent grade from a recognized university.
- On the base of Written Test and Interview candidate will be selected
- Candidate will be exempted from written entrance test who have cleared NET/JRF test.
- Candidate can also apply for admission who are appearing qualifying examination but at the time of interview they have to show that they acquired minimum prescribed qualifications.
- After the registration of a student university will organize an written objective type entrance test which can be given offline or online. Candidate will be selected on the base of marks obtained in the Entrance Test. Entrance will be organize by Admission Commettee of the university.
- No. of seats may increase or decrease.
Calicut University Entrance Test Fee
Candidate will get admission after he will be clear the Entrance Test Organised by university. The admission procedure is online. Candidate should have to submit all his documents for inquiry and xerox copy of documents. After the inquiry their documents will be returned to them. Admission will be given after the candidate score 50% marks in Entrance Test which is minimum passing marks and after this admission will be given. The admission procedure is online. Candidate should have to submit all his documents for inquiry and xerox copy of documents. After the inquiry their documents will be returned to them. Minimum passing marks are 50% and candidate have to score 50% marks in the Entrance Test after which admission will be given.
- For candidates belongs to OBC or General Category: Rs. 500/-
- For candidates belongs to SC/ST category: Rs. 250/-
Calicut University University Facility
- Inside the campus the Library is completely housed in its own building. 12 hours on every working day is working hours of the Library.
- University have a well equipped Computer Center. Computer Center is meeting the academic and administrative requirement.
- University provides residential facilities to the students in the hostels.
- The University has a guest house is having 24 hour electricity and has a provision to give residential facility to the special guests with all other accommodation facilities.