Bodoland University is an esteemed university situated in Debargaon within the heart of Kokrajhar in Assam. The University was founded in 2009 by Bodoland University Act 2009, passed in the Assam legislative Assembly. Bodoland University offers a wide variety of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PG Diploma, Diploma, and Research courses under different departments such as Humanities, Social Science, Science, Commerce & Management, and Environmental Sciences etc.
- Assamese, Bodo, English, Economics, History, Political Science, Education, Geography, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science and Technology, Mathematical Science, Physics, Zoology, and several others
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have completed their Master’s degree from a relevant stream with 55% marks for the general category candidates and 50% marks for SC and ST candidates in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for PhD Admission.
- Candidates who have completed their M.Phil. degree in the concerned subject 55% marks for the general category candidates and 50% marks for SC and ST candidates in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for PhD Admission.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply to the PhD programme offered by Bodoland University through offline mode. Candidates can either obtain the application form in person from the university or they can download it via the official university website.
Steps to fill the application form:
Detailed below are the steps to apply offline, by downloading the application form:
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Scroll down to find the “Quick Links” tab.
- Click on the “Admission Form” button under the “University Corner” column.
- Download the application form and take a print out of it.
- Fill out the application form with all the relevant details.
- An application fee of Rs. 600 should also be submitted along with the form and can be paid by cash at the University office.
Self-attested photo copies of the following documents need to be attached along with the application form:
- 10th standard marks sheet and certificates.
- 12th standard marks sheet and certificates.
- Graduation semester wise marks sheets and certificates.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
Submit the duly-filled in application form, along with the necessary documents attached, to the University office to the following address:
Kokrajhar, Assam – 783370.
Detailed below are the steps to apply offline by purchasing the application form from the University office:
- Visit the University office
- Pay the application fees of Rs. 600 and purchase the application form.
- Fill out the application form
- Attach the self attested photo copies of the following documents need to be attached along with the application form
- Submit the filled out application form, along with the necessary documents attached, to the University office.
- Admission to the PhD course will be done on the basis of scores obtained in the entrance test, conducted by the University and followed by personal interview.