Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra is one of the best learning place of higher education which was established in 1955 under the section 3 of U.G.C Act of 1956 by the philanthropist and industrialist Late Shri. B. M. Birla. The main campus of the University is located at Mesra, Ranchi in the state of Jharkhand, India. Apart from this the university also has 5 more campuses at Jaipur, Kolkata, Noida, Deoghar, and Patna. In India, BIT was the first institute to establish a Department of Space Engineering and Rocketry. It also has the tie-ups with Universities in UK, Canada, and the USA. BIT, Mesra is one of the five Indian Universities which are partners of French "n+i" network. The University has an agreement with Purdue University, the USA for a Student exchange program. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra has been continuously ranked among top engineering universities ranking. It offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programs in various departments.
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Official Contact Details:
- Address: Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand 835215, India
- Phone Number: +91 651 2275444 / 2275896
- Fax Number: 0651 2275401
- E-mail ID: email@example.com
- Website: www.bitmesra.ac.in
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ph.D. Admissions 2018
Birla Institute of Technology Mesra (BIT MESRA) invites applications for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme for the academic year 2018-2019 under various specializations. The Institute offers Ph.D. programme in both full time and part time mode. Candidates can submit their application forms along with required registration fees and important documents to the university on or before the last date.
BIT Mersa offers Ph.D. Programme in the following specializations:
- Chemical Engineering & Technology
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Space Engineering & Rocketry
- Remote Sensing
- Production Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Science & Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates should have M. Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc. (Engineering) / M. Arch. / M. Pharm / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- Candidates having B. Tech. / B.E. / B.Sc. (Engineering)/ B. Pharm / B.Arch. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% marks or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for Ph.D. programs.
- There will be a relaxation of 5% marks for all SC/ST candidates.
How To Apply for Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ph.D. Admission?
The Application Form for the Ph.D. programme is to be filled online at the University website and submitted within the specified time. Candidates can apply to a maximum of three departments only.
Steps to Apply Online-
- Visit the University website.
- Click on “Click Here to Apply Online”.
- Register yourself for the Application Form.
- After registration, fill the application form with correct personal, educational, and professional work experience details.
- Upload a latest colour passport size photograph.
- Now, Click on “Generate Application Number”.
- After generation of ‘Application Number’, Pay the application fee either through net banking, or debit or credit card.
- Finally, Click on the "Submit" button and Candidate must take a print out of the Application Form.
- Send the printed copy of the Application Form along with the required documents and a copy of the Payment Receipt in an A4 size envelope with “Application for Ph.D. Admission (MO) 2018” written on top of the envelope, to the following address:
Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ph.D. Application fee:
- For general and OBC category: Rs. 2500/-
- For SC/ST category: Rs. 1500/-
Documents Required along with the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ph.D. Application form:
- Class 10th and Class 12th mark sheet
- Certificate and mark-sheets of Graduation
- Certificate and mark-sheets of Post-Graduation
- College Leaving Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- CSIR-NET / BRNS/ NBHM / other test admit card and Scorecard (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- NOC, Experience Certificate (if applicable)
- 1 recent colour photograph
- Valid ID Proof
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra Ph.D. Admission Process:
The selection of the candidates to the Ph.D. Programme will be based on the performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record, and an Interview.
- Date of Beginning of Application Process: 07-04-2018
- Online Registration Last Date: 30-04-2018
- Date of Entrance Test / Interview: Updated Soon
For more Information About Birla Institute of Technology Mesra Ph.D. Admissions 2018 Visit the Official Website of University or Click Here