Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University is a state public university. It was established in 1965 as the Nagarjuna Sagar Engineering College. After some time in 1972, the college was declared as University by The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Act, 1972. The main campus of the University is located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The University is recognized by UGC and further, it has been accredited with "A" grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University has 4 constituent engineering colleges and four academic units/schools. At present, JNTUH offers 24 undergraduate courses in the engineering department, and more than 100 Postgraduate courses in different departments such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Science, Management, Computer Science. In addition to this, it also offers Integrated 5-Year Dual Degree Programme, M.S., M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes in various disciplines. The University has 291 Affiliated Colleges including Engineering, Pharmacy and MBA Colleges.
Official Contact Details:
- Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500085, India
- Phone Number: 040-32422253
- Fax Number: 040-2315866
- E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.jntuh.ac.in
Ph.D. Programmes in the University
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Spatial Informatics
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Nano Science and Technology
Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria:
- For Ph.D. Civil, Mechanical, Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Candidates should have a master degree in the concerned subjects with at least 55% marks from any recognized university or institute.
- Candidates having work experience for at least one year in well equipped Educational / Scientific / R & D/ Industrial / Government Organizations and engaged in Scientific / Technological / Engineering / Managerial activities are also eligible to apply for Ph.D.
For Ph.D. Biotechnology
Candidates should have a master degree in Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering / Food Technology / Bio-Chemical Engineering / Bio-Chemistry / Microbiology / Life Sciences (Zoology, Botany, Genetics, Agricultural Sciences) / Pharmacy / Environmental Science and Technology with at least 55% marks from this university or any other recognized university or Institute.
For Ph.D. Spatial Informatic
Candidates should have a master degree in Spatial Information Technology Mathematics / Physics / Chemistry / Geology / Geography / Engineering / Agriculture / Atmospheric Sciences / Space Sciences with a minimum of 55% of marks from this university or any other recognized university or Institute.
For Ph.D. Water Resources Engineering
Candidates should have a master degree in the field of Water Resources / Hydrology / Watershed Management / Geology / Geophysics / Geo-Engineering / Meteorology / Agricultural Engineering / Agricultural Meteorology / Solid Sciences (Water resources aspects) and Agronomy with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade from this university or any other recognized university or Institute.
For Ph.D. Environmental Science
Candidates should have a post-graduate degree in Physical Sciences / Natural Sciences / Life Sciences / Environmental Sciences / Biotechnology / Environmental Engineering. / Agricultural / Computer Sciences with at least 55% marks from this university or any other recognized university.
For Ph.D. Nano Science and Technology
Candidates should have M.E/ M. Tech degree in Chemical /Mechanical /Aeronautical/ Electronics / Electrical / Metallurgical / Computer Engineering./ Bio-Technology/ Material Science with at least 55% marks from this university or any other recognized university.
- The selection of the candidates to the Ph.D. programmes is done on the basis of entrance test and interview conducted by the university.
How to Apply for Admission?
- The applications form for the Ph.D. Programme can be downloaded from the University official Website.
- After obtaining the application form, fill up the form manually and attach all important enclosures and a demand draft of Rs. 200/- & Rs. 20000 as registration fee drawn in favor of “The Registrar, JNT University Hyderabad”, payable at Hyderabad, on any nationalized bank.
- Demand Draft
- Attested copy of degree
- Attested copy of birth certificate
- NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE
- Community Certificate
- 3 self-addressed envelopes of 25x10 cm size