Kazi Nazrul University was established was established in 2012 under West Bengal Act XIX of 2012. It is named after the rebel poet Kazi Nazrul of India who is also the national poet of Bangladesh. The campus of the university is located in Burdwan, West Bengal. At present, Kazi Nazrul University - KNU offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in different streams of Science, Computer Applications, Education, Law, and several others.
Approval & Affiliation
- UGC: University Grants Commission
- BCI: Bar Council of India
- NAAC: National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- Government of West Bengal
University Campus Contact Details
- Nazrul Road, Kalla Bypass More, Dist.Burdwan(713340), West Bengal
- Phone Number:- 0341 2270456
- Fax Number:- 0341 2271024
- E-mail ID:- email@example.com
- Website:- www.knu.ac.in
Arts, Law, Science, Business Management, Computer Applications, and Commerce
M.Phil. Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have a Master Degree in the concerned subject with at least 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA from KNU or from any other recognized university.
M.Phil. Course Duration:- 1 Year
Eligibility for Ph.D
- Candidate must possess an MA Degree in English or LLM Degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA from KNU or from any other recognized university.
- Candidates possessing M.Phil. Degree in English or Law is also eligible to apply for Ph.D. Admission.
- A 5% relaxation of marks is given to reserved category candidates of West Bengal State Only.
Selection Procedure for Ph.D
Admission to the Ph.D. degree programme is done through an Entrance Test conducted by the University. Candidates Students who have passed GATE/NET/SET/ M.Phil./JRF Examination in the relevant subject of the apex bodies as CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ICMR/DBT are exempted from the Entrance Test. However, they will be selected on the basis of an Interview.
The application form can be obtained from the university campus on cash payment of the prescribed amount. In order to complete the application process, candidates have to submit the duly filled in application form along with attested photocopy of all the required documents in university administrative cell on or before the last specified date.
NOTE:- Students from other universities should be compulsorily registered at the Kazi Nazrul University. So they should fill Application form along with original Migration Certificate, attested photocopy of last examination mark sheet and requisite fee.
- Mark Sheet of the last qualifying degree examination
- Provisional Degree Certificates
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
- One Valid Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)