D.Pharma is a 2-year full-time Diploma course divided into 4 semesters. It is an undergraduate Diploma Course in the medical field of Pharmacy. The full form of D.Pharma is Diploma in Pharmacy. Diploma in Pharmacy course provides the minimum qualification to become a Registered Pharmacist in India. D.Pharma. course is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI).
D.Pharma (Diploma in Pharmacy) Eligibility
- Candidate must have passed the 10+2 examination in Science stream with not less than 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade from any recognized board.
- Candidate must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission.
D.Pharma (Diploma in Pharmacy) Course Duration
The duration of the D.Pharma course shall be for 2 academic years.
D.Pharma (Diploma In Pharmacy) Ist Year Subject List (Syllabus)
- Pharmaceutics I
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry I
- Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Health Education & Community Pharmacy
D.Pharma (Diploma In Pharmacy) 2nd Year Subject List (Syllabus)
- Pharmaceutics II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry II
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Drug Store and Business Management
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
D.Pharma (Diploma in Pharmacy) Admission Process
Admission to the D.Pharma course in most of the institutes is based on performance in a relevant entrance test and followed by a round of personal interview. Few institutes also provide direct admission based on the student’s performance at the 10+2 level.
D.Pharma. Entrance Exam In India
- JEE Pharmacy
- AU AIMEE Pharmacy
D.Pharma Career Prospects and Job Scope
D.Pharma certificate holders may work at drug stores in Government hospitals, private hospitals, clinics, community health centers or private drug stores. They may start practicing as pharmacists in India. Diploma in Pharmacy certificate holders may even start their own private drug store. Candidates may also go for further studies (B Pharm, Pharm D, M.Pharm. etc). After completing Master’s level course, they may take up the job of a lecturer/ tutor/instructor at relevant pharmacy colleges or institutes.
- Scientific Officer
- Production Executive
- Medical Transcriptionist
Salary and PayScale
D.Pharma certificate holders may earn anywhere between 8-20K Rupees per month. Starting salary depends on factors like the profile of the employer, job location, and job profile.