BBA is a 3-year professional undergraduate course in Business Management. The full form of the BBA is Bachelor of Business Administration. It can also be pursued through Correspondence/ Distant learning modes and admisison to the same is based on entrance tests carried out by different colleges and universities. It is a very popular Undergraduate Degree in India. This program is designed to give essential knowledge about Management education. BBA program also develops the student’s entrepreneurship and communication skills. There are various Government and Private universities/colleges in India and abroad, which are offering BBA degree programme for students.
Minimum Educational Qualification Required for BBA Admission In Indian Universities or Colleges
Minimum eligibility for BBA is 10+2. Students who pass class 12 / HSC exams are eligible for doing BBA course. But some institutes may demand minimum percentage of 50% or 60% based on the university standards. Students who appeared for HSC exam and waiting for their results are also eligible for appearing the BBA entrance tests.
BBA Course Duration
The duration of Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is 3-4 years, divided into a number of semesters.
Subjects Under Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Business Economics
- Introduction to Operations Research
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Production and Material Management
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
- Marketing Management
- Business Data Processing
- Business Laws
BBA Admission Procedure
Admission to the course is generally entrance exam based. The entrance tests are organized at national, state or university level by various authorities. A merit list is prepared on the basis of qualifying examination or entrance examination. Most of the private universities and colleges conduct separate entrance exam for admission to BBA course.
Top level BBA Entrance Exams
- AIMA UGAT – AIMA Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is a national level examination conducted annually by All India Management Association (AIMA).
- SET – SET or Symbiosis Entrance Test is a common test conducted by Symbiosis International University for admission in BBA course.
- IPU CET – IPU CET 2017 (IP University Common Entrance Test) is a university level entrance exam conducted for admission to the BBA Course.
BBA Entrance Exam Pattern
Usually, there is an objective examination for admission to BBA program. There is quantitative aptitude exam also. A competitive test is carried out in order to select the students on merit and performance basis. Duration of the entrance test will most probably be 2 hours.
Students required no entrance test if they have:
- UGAT (Under Graduate Aptitude Test) score of more than 500
- Cleared 10+12+1 level of education (1 year of University education)
- British 'A' level qualification with minimum grade B
- Scored more than 70% marks in Class XII
- Foreign students, who want to pursue an undergraduate course in management, would have to pass the GCE "A" level or any other examination equivalent to +2 system of education (12 years of schooling).
BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) course is designed to impart knowledge of skills in business management and administration. The syllabus of the course may vary from college to college, however, the structure and topics covered, remain the same. The program comprises foundation, core, elective, skill courses.
BBA Career Prospects
After successful completion of BBA course, graduates can either opt for higher education or seek employment in different sectors. Generally, students pursue an MBA (Masters of Business Administration) course and specialize in a particular department. BBA course opens up a spectrum of job opportunities in the fields of Advertising, Academic Institutes, Banking, Consultancies, Foreign Exchange, Hotel Management, Manufacturing Industry, IT and ITES, Urban infrastructure & real estate management and various Government services. Top recruiters for BBA graduates are Accenture, Genpact, TCS, HCL Technologies, International Business Machines (IBM) Corp to name a few. Some of the major job profiles associated with BBA degree are as follows:
- Financial Analyst
- Business Development Executive
- Project Manager (IT)
- Data Analyst
- Human Resources (HR) Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Operations Team Leader
- SAP Consultant
- Business Consultancies
- Business Houses
- Educational Institutes
- Export Companies
- Financial Organizations
- Industrial Houses
- Multinational Companies
- Marketing Organization