B.A. + L.L.B. is an undergraduate Administrative Law professional degree course. B.A. + L.L.B. is the short form of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law. It is an integrated course in Law stream. It is a five-year-long course. The uniqueness of the degree is that it includes both graduation and post graduation in a single course. Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law course helps the students to gain knowledge in law (both UG and PG) in a single stretch. The most important benefit of the BA+LLB course is that the course study helps the candidate to build up a strong career in law.
Minimum Educational Qualification Required for BA+LLB Admission In India
- 10+2 passed candidates can apply for an integrated course in law.
- Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination; a person belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribes, other Backward Classes (OBC) shall be eligible to apply if they secure at least 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
B.A. + L.L.B. Course Duration
The duration of the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law course shall be of 5 (five) years comprising of 10 (ten) semesters.
B.A. + L.L.B. Admission Process
The selection of the students goes through two routes: direct admission and entrance tests. The colleges or universities taking direct admission select the students on the basis of merit list. The colleges that prefer entrance test as admission accept the scores of entrance test for law programs like CLAT, AILET, and LSAT. Some Government and Private universities like GGSIPU may conduct their own entrance test. After clearing the entrance, some universities may require the qualified candidates to appear for the counseling process. Finally, a counseling procedure takes place on the university campus and seats are allotted on the basis of accumulated scores.
BA + LLB Entrance Exam In India
The top entrance exams for Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Laws [B.A.L.L.B.] are:
AILET | CLAT | LSAT
Top Law Colleges in India
- Symbiosis Society's Law College, Pune
- Balaji Law College, Pune
- Government Law College, Mumbai
- National Law Institute, Bhopal
- National Law School of India, NLSIU, Bangalore
- Faculty Of Law, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Amity Law School, New Delhi
- Bharati Vidyapeeth's New Law College, Pune
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Army Institute Of Law, Mohali
- M.S Ramaiah College of Law
- Dr. Rizvi College of Law, Kaushambi
- Banaras Law School, Varanasi
- Krishna University, Machiipatnam
- Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Job and Career after BA + LLB (Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law)
After completing B.A. L.L.B, aspirants can work in the role of lawyers in various legal firms. By gaining job experience, they can also work in the role of Oath Commissioner, Attorney General, Solicitor General, etc. Apart from this, candidates can also go for higher studies such as LLM, M.Phil, and Ph.D. in the law department.